This course aims to bring delegates health & safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
Who Should Attend?
Those who hold an existing SSSTS certificate, and can provide proof of successful completion, are eligible to attend this course.
Duration: 1 day
This refresher course aims to:
- Raise awareness of current trends within the Health & Safety Executive direction of enforcement
- Improve awareness of recent development in construction, legislation & health and safety, welfare & environmental issues
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation & working practices
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Be aware of & able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare & environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a supervisor
- Be aware of & able to implement new guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
- Be more aware of their duties & responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare & environment
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.