To provide delegates with the qualification for operatives/supervisors to carry out signing, lighting and guarding duties to the City & Guilds standards set in line with the NRSW Act 1991.
Who Should Attend?
Those who are required to complete any maintenance work on the road or at the road side.
At the end of the course, candidates must be able to:
• Carry out an on-site risk assessment to identify hazards and risks with the intended site
• State the action required to minimise risk and ensure a safe system of work
• Produce a plan of an intended site showing the position of signs, guarding and traffic signals.
The plan must include all relevant distances, sizes, and dimensions required.
• Produce a list of equipment for the intended site.
• Demonstrate the sequence of setting out the advance signing, safety zones and pedestrian walkways.
• Demonstrate the positioning, testing, adjusting, commissioning and decommissioning of temporary traffic signals.
• Conduct the activities safely wearing the appropriate safety wear.
• Provide sufficient knowledge evidence by way of oral or written questions.
Delegates will be required to take theory based assessments along with a practical assessment which will involve being observed on the job.
On passing the award, delegates will be issued with a Streetworks Identity Card by the Streetworks Qualifications Register (SWQR)
The course either has new dates in data loading, or is only run as a dedicated or In Company course.