The New Roads and Street Works Act requires that anyone who executes, works for, or on behalf of a utility company, is qualified for the activities being carried out. Any Streetworks site must have at least one qualified operative on site at all times during works, and the site must have a qualified supervisor appointed to the site who can oversee the works. The supervisor need not be on site at all times, but must be able to adequately carry out the role. The supervisor qualification does not replace or overrule the operative qualification and one person cannot cover both roles at the same time.
The courses are arranged for delegates to become qualified in combinations of operative of supervisor units. For your guidance, operatives are manually carrying out the work; supervisors are trained to make sure that the operatives are doing the work correctly and safely.
You must have a good understanding of spoken and written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- 1 - Location & avoidance of underground apparatus
- 2 - Signing, lighting & guarding
- 3 - Excavation in the highway
- 4 - Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- 5 - Reinstatement of sub base & road in non bituminous materials
- 6 - Reinstatement of cold-lay bituminous materials
- 7 - Reinstatement of hot lay bituminous materials
- 9 - Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Upon successfully completing the course you will be awarded a SQA Certificate and an SWQR Card.
Delegates are asked to arrive 15 minutes before the course start time.
Please bring with you the following
- Note of your National Insurance number
- SWQR Card / Number (If applicable)