The NEBOSH National Certificate in Environmental Management is a qualification designed to help those with environmental responsibilities (e.g. managers, supervisors and employee representatives) to discharge more effectively their organisational duties and functions.
Who Should Attend?
This course has been specially designed for those people needing a broad base of knowledge and understanding on which a basic level of competence in environmental management can be developed. Such people include managers, supervisors, employee representatives and others involved in environmental issues.
Delegates will gain an understanding of:
- Principle reasons for environmental management.
- The common interactions between organisations and the environment, Environmental management systems, including BS8555, ISO14001 and EMAS, The principles and practice of environmental impact assessment.
- Key environmental legislation, its structure and its requirements.
- Identifying and controlling emissions to air, water and land, including noise.
- Practical waste management.
- Energy and energy efficiency in the workplace
- Environmental key performance indicators (KPIs) and their value
- The importance of adequate environmental emergency preparedness and response
Delegates will be assessed through practical and written examinations set by NEBOSH. Successful delegates will be awarded with the nationally recognised qualification.
Usually 8.45am start. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.