The Managing Safely Refresher Course aims to provide continued support to managers in dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace. Specifically, the course aims to:
a) Revise key management responsibilities from the Managing Safely course
b) Update on changes in relevant legislation, standards and good practice
Who Should Attend
This one-day course is designed to facilitate the continuing professional development of personnel who have achieved a Managing Safely Certificate within the last three years, thereby ensuring their continuing competence.
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Course covers:
- Recognising commonly found workplace hazards and know how to control them
- Determining why accidents involving injury or damage occur in the workplace
- It explains how aspects of human behaviour can affect health and safety at work
- How to apply principles of good management to health and safety
- How to use effective communication and make sure that health and safety law is obeyed within their own workplace
- The Principles of Management
- Health and Safety Law
- Accident Causation and Prevention
- Risk Assessment and Control
- Monitoring Safety Performance
- Human Factors and Communications
- Occupational Health Hazards
- Machinery Safeguarding
- Electrical Safety
- Fire Prevention
- Manual and Mechanical Handling
Other subjects bespoke to company requirements can also be covered.
There are many interactive exercises to enhance the learning experience.
Assessment & Award
The course will be validated by verbal questions and discussions during the topics and a final summative assessment. Course members who successfully complete the course, including the summative assessment will be entitled to a new Managing Safely Certificate, valid for three years.
Course members who fail to achieve a pass in the summative assessment have a “re-take” facility available to them. This will be explained during the introduction to the course.
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course is a one day course running from 8.30 am – 5 pm. The IOSH Managing Safely certificate does not have an expiry date although IOSH recommends that candidates undergo a refresher course every three years.