IOSH Managing Safely
Intended for line managers and supervisors in industry and commerce whose duties embrace health and safety.
The course is run in accordance with the requirements of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and is moderated by them. IOSH Certificates are issued on successful completion.
To enable delegates to:
- Apply the basic principles of health and safety management
- Set reasonable targets and objectives and plan accordingly
- Assess risks and decide on appropriate control measures
- Ensure adequate provision of health and safety training information and instruction
- Identify human factors involved in the causation of accidents and occupational ill health and manage them accordingly
- Be able to investigate accidents and incidents, determine their causes and take appropriate action
- Communicate effectively on health and safety
- Know the main legal responsibilities of employers, employees and others on health and safety
Course members complete a comprehensive examination paper ‘multiple choice’ and written answers; in addition, a project based on their own workplace.
The training is relevant to your organisation, easy to use in real situations and delivered in a practical and stimulating environment. With some of the highest pass rates in the UK, our training is guaranteed to be incredibly effective in creating a safer workplace.