First Aid at Work
The First Aid at Work course runs for 3 days in accordance with the current First Aid Manual and enables students to obtain the First Aid at Work Certificate
To provide students with current knowledge to qualify as a First Aider in the workplace and to efficiently manage any event at work where a person requires medical attention.
By the end of the course, the students will be able to:-
- Recognise both trauma and medical emergencies.
- Provide basic First Aid Treatment for both conscious and unconscious casualties.
- Take sufficient steps to provide professional medical treatment.
- State and use the contents of a First Aid Kit
- Safely and efficiently manage any incident where somebody requires medical attention at work.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Recognition of Trauma & Medical Emergencies.
- Basic First Aid for both conscious and unconscious casualties.
- Disorders of the respiratory system.
- Wounds and bleeding.
- First Aid Kit
- Shock and Anaphylactic shock
- Safety P.P.E.
- Head Injuries.
- Stroke, Epilepsy and Diabetes.
- Drunkenness, sprains and strains.
- Heat exhuastion and heat stroke.
- Bone, Joint & Muscle Injuries
- Eye injuries.
- The Management of incidents requiring medical attention at work.
- All in accordance with the current First Aid Manual.