Scheduled courses held in Chigwell & Frinton on Sea. In-house courses held Essex, London, Suffolk, Herts, and Norwich
A comprehensive workplace first aid course, suitable for all workplaces especially high-risk environments.
Pre -requisite:- Candidates must be physically able to carry out procedures in the course syllabus
The course duration must be a minimum of 18 hours contact training time and is usually held over 3 days.
This course is determined by The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and is the recognised qualification required to act as a first aider at work.
Candidates are trained in all aspects of first aid in the workplace in accordance with guidelines set by The Health & Safety Executive.
Candidates take part in a formal assessment consisting of a practical, oral and resuscitation section.
Course content includes:
- Control of bleeding
- Treatment of shock
- Management of the unconscious casualty
- Dressing and immobilisation of injured parts
- Contents of First Aid boxes and their use
- Purchasing First Aid supplies
- Recognition of illness
- Treatment of injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Treatment of burns and scalds
- Eye irrigation
- Poisons and substances capable of causing poisoning
- Simple record keeping
- Personal hygiene in treating wounds
- Communications and delegation in an emergency
All candidates attending receive a comprehensive first aid manual.
Those who successfully complete the assessment will be awarded a First Aid at Work Certificate valid for 3 years