First Aid at Work Requalification
Having qualified as a First Aider, your certificate will be valid for three years. It can be renewed by attending a two day re-qualification programme before the certificate expires, otherwise you will need to re-take the four day programme.
This two day programme has been designed to comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 and the 1997 HSE "First Aid at Work" Approved Code of Practice and Guidance. Tuition is classroom based and requires 100% attendance. There is time for practical exercises built into each day.
When you attend the re-qualification programme, you need to be able to produce your current First Aid at Work Certificate.
Who Should Attend
Qualified First Aiders seeking to renew their qualification before the end of three years.
By the end of the programme, delegates will be able to:
- Deal with emergencies whilst at work which occur to staff and visitors
- Become re-qualified in First Aid at Work
- Introduction to First Aid
- Resuscitation - Demonstration and Practice
- Airway & Breathing Difficulties
- Unconsciousness (Causes, recognition, treatment)
- Circulation Disorders
- Control of Bleeding
- Control of Bleeding - Continued
- Burns/Poisons/Eye Injuries
- Injuries to Muscles Joints and Bones
- Treatment of Specific Fractures (Theory Only)
- Transportation of casualties
- Practice Time
- Recovery Position
- Bleeding and Fractures
- Written & Practical assessments