What’s the course all about?
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is designed to enable key members of staff to administer emergency first aid assistance.
What will I learn?
The course is designed to achieve a basic level of emergency aid so that the emergency responder is able to take charge of first aid arrangements when necessary.
Exactly What Will I Do?
On completion of the course candidates should be able to:-
- Understand the role of a first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to casualty that is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty that is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
Who should attend? The course can be adapted to suit a particular audience and is ideal for lower risk businesses, in accordance with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations.
Student Requirements: No previous training required
How long will it last? 1 Day
How many will be there? Maximum of 12