Maximum number of delegates: 12
This course is designed to be relevant to Drivers therefore includes the types of multi casualty situations that can be found on the roads. It covers the prioritising of casualties, treatments and also driver safety at the scene of the accident.
Who Should Attend?
All HGV / LGV drivers of vehicles over 7.5 tonnes who are required to be Driver CPC qualified by September 2014.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognize and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
Final qualification: JAUPT Approved Driver CPC / ICT Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
Additional Information: All drivers who attend this course will qualify for 7 hours of the required 35 hours needed to complete the driver CPC qualification.