Pre-requisites: Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a 360 degree Excavator, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests. Course Content:
- Operating the machinery to a minimum standard
- Fitting and operating ancillary equipment
- Siting the machine safely and efficiently
- Carrying out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Preparing the machine for travelling on the public highway
- The capabilities of each machine, its purpose and limitations
- All safety precautions necessary for the correct operation of the machine
- How diesel engines work and how various parts of the machine operate
- How to interpret the information provided by level pegs, profiles and so on
- What routine adjustments and servicing procedures are necessary, and how to carry them out Duration of Training:
1 day theory training + 1 day testing Test:
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test. NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card:
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.