A21 Wheeled Loading Shovel
Is to provide delegates with the training to confirm their understanding of safe and correct operation of the Wheeled Loading Shovel.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with the wheeled loading shovel will be able to:
• Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator
• Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
• Conform with manufacturer's requirements as per the operator's handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
• Undertake all pre-use checks
• Configure and set for site and highway travel
• Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces; laden and unladen
• Manoeuvre in confined spaces
• Configure and set for extraction and loading duties
• Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
• Extract differing types of materials from stockpiles and other sources
• Form stockpiles of segregated materials and construct (temporary) ramps
• Sort and place materials into transporting vehicles and hoppers
• Spread and level ground and materials
• Carry out shut down and securing procedures
• Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Please note: Any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must have taken the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test within the last two years.
Any candidate that books onto this course and does not hold the above prior to the technical test will not be eligible for a refund.