The CPCS A56 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Rear Tipping Articulated – Chassis Dump Truck in order to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
Delegates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety & Environment Test within the last two years.
Through a combination of targeted training and experience, an individual with a rear – tipping articulated – chassis dump truck will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with manufacturer’s requirements as per the operator’s handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre – use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Maneuverer in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
These tests can be viewed online at www.cskills.org/centreandschool/cpcs.
Please note any candidate wishing to attend a CPCS course must hold a valid Health & Safety Touch Screen Test which has been taken with the last 2 years.
Any candidate who books onto this course and does not hold the above certificate prior to the technical test will not be eligible for a refund. Candidates who fail to achieve the minimum standard required will not be eligible for a refund.