About this course
This one day course is designed for Company employees who will be expected to understand the role of Principal Designer or Principal Contractor on their own company’s construction projects. It is not intended to enable delegates to act as Principal Designer or Principal Contractor in their own right.
The delegate should have a basic understanding of the new CDM Regulations, be able to read drawings and have general knowledge of the Construction Industry.
What will you learn?
The aim of this course is to ensure that delegates are aware of the legal duties placed upon Principal Designers and Principal Contractors under the new CDM 2015 legislation.
After successfully completing the course, delegates will be capable of demonstrating a sound knowledge of:
- The statutory obligations placed on Clients, Principal Designers, Designers, Principal Contractors and Contractors
- The Principal Designers role as co-ordinator
- The risk assessment process and its relevance in the preparation of the Pre-Construction Phase Plan and the minimum health and safety requirements for construction sites
- The preparation and implementation of the Construction Phase Plan and the general requirements for all construction sites
- Preparation of the Health and Safety file.
Delegates will be provided with a copy of the Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) “Managing Health & Safety in Construction (L144, ISBN 978 0 7176 6223 –4).