Why Study a NEBOSH Distance Learning Course?
Why Study A NEBOSH Distance Learning Course?
NEBOSH distance learning courses are a perfect alternative for those who cannot attend onsite courses and instead can be trained via the internet (also known as ‘e-courses’). There are several NEBOSH courses available through our website as e-courses; these are the:
- NEBOSH National General Certificate
– designed for managers, supervisors and employees with health and safety responsibilities in the workplace, this is one of the UK’s most popular health and safety qualifications.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
– this covers the main legal requirements applying to health and safety in construction work. This includes workplace hazards and how this knowledge is applied.
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
– suitable for managers and supervisory staff who need to ensure their organisation meets their responsibilities under fire safety legislation.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate - this is aimed at those based outside the UK who are embarking on a career in health and safety, including managers, supervisors and employee representatives.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate Conversion
– this distance learning course is aimed at supervisors, managers and CDM co-ordinators who are required by law to ensure that the activities under their control are undertaken safely. Also appropriate for supervisors and managers in other areas such as utilities.
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
– the world’s most widely held health and safety qualification of its kind in the UK, this course is aimed at managers, supervisors and staff from all organisations who make day-to-day decisions in the workplace that impact on health and safety.
Candidates can also apply to carry out individual units of these courses over extended periods of time.
All courses booked via the BookmyCourse website will be provided by NEBOSH accredited training providers.
Support & Access:
Whilst traditional classroom training has its merits, taking an e-course doesn’t mean you will have to sit attached to a computer in a room on your own. Course materials will be sent through the post and each candidate has their own fully qualified expert tutor, providing full support for the duration of the course, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, each candidate has access to:
- Skype, email and telephone support, with no limit on how often this can be used
- A Facebook group designed for distance learning students. Past exam questions are posted regularly, and students will get the opportunity you interact with tutors and each other.
- Online videos that support the course materials
Start and End Dates:
One key thing to remember with taking an online NEBOSH course is that there is no set time limit, unlike the classroom-based course which has set start and end dates – the start date for an e-course is the day you receive the course materials. Exams do have scheduled dates, however.
You are entitled to undertake your studies indefinitely until you pass the course; if you fail, you can continue learning and accessing the course support, but exam resits must be paid for each time.Course Materials:
These will vary based on the NEBOSH distance learning course you are taking, but will in all cases be concise and comprehensive to support candidates on their NEBOSH e-learning journey.
For further information on the NEBOSHdistance learning courses
currently available, please visit our website.