Pre-requisites: Candidates must have completed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment test for Operatives within the past two years.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating a Forward Tipping Dumper and Ride on Roller, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Carrying out pre start and running checks.
- Set the Dumper for site & road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground both loaded & unloaded.
- Travel up & down substantial inclines loaded & unloaded.
- Position dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Discharge loads into trenches & over edges.
- Place machine in and out of service condition
- Explain loading and unloading procedures on & off of Transporter
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Confirm with Manufacturer’s requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and the relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for site travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set for compacting duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Compact loose granular materials to specification.
- Compact in straight lines and around radii.
- Compact supported and unsupported edges.
- Explain the principles, requirements and techniques of good compaction.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.
Duration of Training: 5 days
Test: To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card:
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.