Workers and supervisors must be able to recognise asbestos-containing materials and know what to do if they come across them in order to protect themselves and others.
Who Should Attend: Persons such as managers, supervisors, tradesman and maintenance workers.
Duration: ½ day
Course Times: 09:00-13:00*
- Introduction to asbestos – nature and origin
- Types of asbestos
- Properties and benefits (use of asbestos)
- Health Hazards
- Possible locations of asbestos in buildings
- Current legislation and guidance
- Legal limitations on work liable to disturb asbestos
- Working safely / duty holders responsibilities
- Safe working in areas where asbestos is present
- Safe and correct use of PPE (Personal protective equipment)
- Emergency procedures / accidental damage / general procedures
- Self assessment test
*Please note that course start times will be confirmed on your joining instructions which will be sent to you directly by the training provider.