- Knowledge of the technical and regulatory aspects of transport operations
- Skills to analyse and meet customer needs
- The ability to provide and manage a first-class transport service
We have designed this course for:
Transport line managers and supervisors. It is also appropriate for people soon to be promoted into such roles and for graduates on rapid development routes.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the main features of relevant transport modes
- Understand and prioritise customer needs effectively
- Decide the best mode of transport for different operations
- Calculate accurate estimates of transportation costs in relation to output and volumes
- Develop and monitor transport operating budgets using fixed and flexible budget techniques
- Create the best technical solutions to transport needs
- Apply industry best practice in vehicle loading and load security
- Create efficient, cost-effective transport schedules manually and using IT systems
- Draw up safe and effective journey plans
- Manage transport operations to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- Supervise operations in accordance with your health and safety policy
- Apply an effective fleet maintenance regime
- Manage contracts and contractors effectively
- Monitor performance using Key Performance Indicators
- Manage customer relationships to maximise levels of satisfaction
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.