Good communication is essential for the management of health and safety on construction sites. It is vitally important that contractors, managers and supervisors engage and consult with the workforce.
Toolbox talks are one way of delivering advice on matters of health, safety and the environment as well as engaging in discussion to obtain feedback, thus helping to maintain and improve standards.
The trainer offer this course over 2 hours.
Who Should Attend?
Any person with responsibilities for the delivery of toolbox talks to team members, such people may be contracts managers, site managers, site supervisors, foreman and directors of SME building companies.
Delegates will gain:
- A good understanding of why toolbox talks are an important part of safety management;
- Confidence to present a toolbox talk in a competent and professional manner;
- The skills to keep and manage records of delegate attendance.
Toolbox Talk Delivery Training Programme
- Reason for presenting TBTs
- When and where to present TBTs
- How to present a TBT to ensure full engagement of attendees
- Confirming understanding
- Keeping records
- Practical demonstration
- Use of GT700 as an example
Certification and Assessment
Delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance and will be assessed on their input during the training.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme, CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme.