The Masterclass for Executive Secretaries and PAs
Develop the skills to maximise the effectiveness of your role and truly make a difference.
The roles of executive secretaries and personal assistants are becoming more and more critical within organisations. With more complex or even flatter management structures and the ever-increasing demands on its managers and executives, an effective ‘right hand’ supporting role is essential.
The role is also evolving into new areas as expectations and demands change as we move further into the 21st Century.
This Masterclass is about how to be an effective executive secretary/PA; through skill enhancement.
Delegates will discuss how to:
- Enhance their skills to enable them to work at a higher level;
- Appreciate the value and importance of their role;
- Understand their business in order to work effectively;
- Use communication skills to their advantage and to the benefit of their organisation;
- Develop their interpersonal skills to improve their working practice
The approach of this masterclass will be interactive and discussion based, but also challenging, giving delegates the opportunity to share their issues with the group. Delegates will learn through undertaking personal and group activities, practical exercises and debate of real life case studies and situations.
Delegates should be prepared to talk in depth about their role and to work with others to produce plans for the future.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for the skills development of all Executive Assistants, Personal Assistants and for Administrative staff who want to develop and enhance their role within their organisation.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand how to develop their role;
- Know how to write more effective correspondence;
- To give memorable presentations;
- Understand how to be more proactive;
- Understand ways in which they can expand their knowledge of their company and business area;
- Recognise ways to better support and manage their manager;
- Explain interpersonal intelligence and how it can improve their working practice;
- Be more effective by taking more control over their time management and work output.
Topics covered will include:
- Organisational Skills
- Planning and Prioritising
- Time management under pressure
- Customer Services Skills
- Work-load management and control
- The importance of Change in the work environment
- Setting Goals
- Effective Communication Skills
- Effective Business Writing
- Report Structuring
- The Key to presentations
- Relationship development with your manager/executive
- Organising and supporting effective meetings
- Working within teams
- The rules of delegation
- Assertiveness and Influencing Skills
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.