Those who need to improve the effectiveness of a team, whether they manage, lead or participate in a team responsible for either a specific project or for an on-going team at any level of the organisation.
By the end of the programme delegates will be better able to:
- Identify the key characteristics of high performance teams, and understand the catalysts and barriers that impact on effective team working.
- Understand different kinds of groups and teams and choose management approaches to get the best from them.
- Proactively shape the development of the team, recognising the factors that affect team development.
- Evaluate and influence the environment within which the team operates including the impact and influence of its sponsors.
- Be able to determine the strengths and talents of the team.
- Describe their own preferred role when working in a team.
- Identify factors that are critical to the team"s success and plan ahead to develop the team to deliver success.
- Manage the performance of individuals and the team as a whole to raise the level of team results.
- Understand how best to coach the team to develop performance outcomes.
- Choose their leadership style effectively to get the best results according to the needs of the team and team members.
- Review team organisation, management and leadership and design an approach that will facilitate achievement of the team’s targets.
- Contribute to high impact team meetings, whether this is as a team member or as a team leader/project manager.
- Understand and positively manage conflict situations within teams.
The learning will be highly interactive with sub-group activities, case studies and experiential exercises. The programme will be delivered in a flexible manner to take account of specific team challenges facing participants.
All participants will give and receive feedback on their effectiveness and be expected to devise an Action Plan of learning application for when they return to their place of work.
This course has been awarded accreditation by OCN credit4learning.
This course will be conducted in the English language.