Strategic Procurement Skills
World class procurement capabilities require the development of staff in advanced procurement skills and strategic awareness - delivering positive results to the business and the team.
Equip your senior and experienced procurement staff with:
- The ability to identify practical ways to add value to the business
- The skills to develop sound procurement strategies and tactical alternatives
- The knowledge to develop and operate Vendor Base Management and Supplier Development systems
- The ability to apply Sustainable Development principles to their business
A strategic approach to procurement can give organisations a competitive advantage by maximising benefits received in return for spend.
Your staff develop the ability to apply the Total Cost of Ownership (TCoO) concept and Supply Positioning/Procurement Targeting techniques, develop and implement appropriate supplier relationships and agreements, evaluate the market environment, understand the need for market intelligence and recognise the wide range of pricing approaches employed by suppliers.
They also become aware of suppliers" perceptions and the concept of the supplier"s "Key Account Management" and the need to develop their approach in order to manage inter-functional relationships with internal customers.
The course provides participants with:
- Current procurement best practice used for purchasing both goods and services
- Approaches and techniques for Vendor Base Management covering supplier selection, vendor rating and supplier development
- Methods for the application of procurement policies and strategies
- The benefits from developing strategies through enhanced understanding of the supplier's viewpoint
- Approaches and techniques for Sustainable Development
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.