Course Duration: 1 Day
Max No. of Learners: Maximum of 20 Learners
The SSSTS provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.
This Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme course is an ideal introduction for obtaining a basic understanding of health and safety duties and responsibilities for junior management.
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why they are carrying out their identified duties and
- What is expected of them and to ensure that they contribute to the safety of the workplace
And at the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the problems of the industry
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
- Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- Carry out site inspections, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring
The course covers The Health & Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry.
To include the following:
- Health and Safety Law
- Developing a Health and Safety Management System
- Occupational Health
- Fire Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Hazardous Substances
- CDM Regulations
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
This course also includes recent changes in accepted working practices. For those who successfully complete the course there is a recognised certificate. The course is accredited by CITB - Construction Skills.
Delegates who already have (SSSTS) Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme qualification.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.