This two day course is intended for delegates who have or are acquiring supervisory responsibilities.
The course provides supervisors with an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues, as well as their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities.
The course will highlight the requirement to promote health and safety to supervise effectively.
Aims & Objectives of the Course
To ensure that all those given supervisory responsibilities understand:
- Why the delegates are carrying out their identified duties.
- What is expected of the delegate?
- To ensure that the delegate contributes to the safety of the work place.
To ensure that at the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the H&S challenges facing the industry.
- Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors.
- To be able to identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safely.
- To understand how to carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements.
- To be able to carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
- To be able to monitor site activities effectively.
- Understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Candidates undertaking this course will take part in group discussions, case studies and individual/group presentations. At the end of the course you will be required to pass a multiple choice test.
All candidates will receive copies of the official CITB course books GE706 site supervision simplified and GT700 tool box talk’s book. All candidates will also view shattered Lives DVD.
Candidate Eligibility/Entry Requirements
It is vital that all candidates who attend the SSSTS course have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
During your course you will be covering the following;
- Course Administration
- Course Introduction
- Health And Safety Law
- Safe Systems Of Work
- Health And Safety Management
- Occupational Health
- Fire Preventation/Control And Other Emergencies
- Hazardous Substances (Coshh)
- Group Exercise
- Presentation Skills
- CDM Regulations
- Working At Height
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- Accidents and First Aid
- Intervention Skills And Behavior
- Intervention Skills Exercise
- Course Review/Closure
- Site Supervision (GE706) – Mandatory
- Tool Box Talks (GT700) – For in house courses, own company tool box talk materials may be used.
- Shattered Lives (DVD070) – Mandatory – Tutor copy to be shown on day two.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.