This one-day course will reinforce and update your knowledge and understanding of your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health
You must have a good understanding of spoken & written English. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
Candidates must take an SSSTS Refresher course before their existing certificate expires, otherwise the full SSSTS course will have to be taken again. The six month grace period that used to be in place will cease to exist from 1 January 2016.
Assessment & Exams
This is a highly interactive course delivered by means of case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual/group presentations. You will be continuously assessed and required to successfully complete a multiple choice test.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a CITB Site Safety Plus certificate.
Delegates are required to attend all sessions, since without full attendance the certificate will not be awarded