SPA is committed to providing a nationally recognised standard of health and safety training and assurance. The ethos of SPA is to make a positive enhancementof health and safety standards at all levels among workers in the participating sectors.
The aim of this course is to provide a renewal of SPA Passport Core and Food and Drink course, by providing refresher training in a range of relevant issues in order to maintain and improve essential standards throughout the industry.
Duration: 1 Day course starting at 9.00am.
Target Group: Contractor personnel working on site.
Delegates must have already completed the SPA Safety Passport Core and Food and Drink modules before attending this course. The renewal can be completed either within 6 months prior to the passport expiry date or within 3 months after the passport expiry date.Course Content:
- Induction to Health & Safety Law and safe systems of work
- Workplace safety
- Accidents and first aid procedures
- Fire precautions and procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Manual handling
- Multiple choice examination
Food & Drink
- Food sector syllabus introduction
- Essentials of biological, chemical & physical contamination
- Procedures for reporting illness & incidents
- Disposal strategies and awareness
- Working in extreme temperatures
- Environmental protection
- Transport & heavy plant
- Health & Safety
- Work permits
- Access & egress
- Machinery hazards
- Main legislation
- Stuck by hazards
- Fire & explosion
- Slips trips & falls
- Occupational health