SMSTS Refresher (CITB) - Site Management Safety Training Scheme
The two-day refresher course is for Delegates who have previously passed the full
five-day (SMSTS) course and can provide proof of attendance. It aims to bring health
and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative
changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics
many building on the previous five-day course programme as well as introducing new
subjects. SMSTS Refresher Training Course objectives
– by the end of the course candidates will be able to:
The two-day refresher course aims to:
- improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and
health, safety, welfare and environmental issues; and
- identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities
established by new legislation, and new working practices.
At the end of the period of training, Delegates will be:
- aware of, and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and
environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice
- more aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety,
welfare and the environment.
SMSTS Refresher Training course Assessment:
There is a 30 minute, 25 question, objective multiple-choice examination at the end of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.