Who Should Attend?
Directors, Managers and Supervisors who have attended the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme Course, and whose certificate is due to expire (5 years)
To improve awareness of developments in construction legislation and use of appropriate best practice. To enhance the existing managerial skills necessary to achieve compliance with any new legal duties and responsibilities placed on them and their organisation
- Legislation, ACOP updates with discussions on impact and practical aspects of compliance
- Overview of proposed/impending legislation
- Accident statistics, costs, causes, management responsibilities/methods in prevention
- HSE's current focus on construction activities
- Safety management systems, policies, plans and performance measuring
- Management of Contractors
- Communication and consultation aspects, effective use of 'toolbox talks' and 'site inductions'
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error, stress and prevention
- Syndicate exercises
- Prevention of accidents
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Planning for health and safety in relation to fire safety, working at height, manual handling, and movement of people within the context of a project
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management and supervisory role
- Understand their legal, moral and social obligations to maintain a healthy and safe site, as well as consider the benefits and costs of implementation to their organisation
- Identify and avoid potential hazards on site
- Prepare method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act
Duration: 2 Days
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.