5 daysAims and Objectives:
- To enable delegates to gain a better understanding of their legal, moral and social responsibilities
- To equip delegates to manage health & safety on site in accordance with current legal requirements, including CDM
- To identify and avoid potential hazards on site
- To prepare method statements, risk assessments and other statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act Course Content:
The course covers the Health & Safety at Work Act and other regulations and requirements relevant to the construction industry, including the following areas:
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Site set up
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Risk Assessments
- Method Statements
- Electricity at Work
- Confined Spaces
- Discuss recent changes in accepted working practices Suitable For:
The SMSTS course is one of the most highly respected qualifications for persons who are responsible for the management of construction activities such as construction, building maintenance or facilities management. Many employers insist that all their site managers hold the certificate. Client based personnel would also benefit from attending the course.Exam:
Multiple choice exam paper and project assessments
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a CITB accredited certificate which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
Usually 8.30am - 4.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.