This course is administered by Construction Skills, and is designed for all individuals responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering a work force. Typically these would be site managers, potential site managers, supervisors, and anyone with health and safety responsibilities.
- Health & Safety legal responsibilities
- Managing Health & Safety at work
- Risk assessments
- Management of sub-contractors
- Measuring & monitoring of performance
- Hazards - Asbestos, Electricity, Fire
- New Roads & Streetworks
- Working at Height
- Personal protection
Course Duration: 5 Days
Course assessment is determined by achievement in four criteria:
- Full attendance of all sessions
- Key excercises undertaken during the course
- Overall assessment by tutor
- Written examination paper
Certification: Successful candidates will receive the SMSTS certificate awarded by Construction Skills which is valid for five years.
Please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.