This 5 day course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff within a construction environment.
To help Site Managers to manage Health & Safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions and within the context of their management role, develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare.
Delegates should hold, or be about to hold, the role of a manager. Delegates must be competent in English (written and verbal) at site management level.
- Health & Safety Law
- Health & Safety at work act
- CDM regulations
- Health & safety policies
- Risk assessments, method statements, training, Inspections, Audits and effective communication
- Accident prevention, welfare facilities, drugs and alcohol
- COSHH, RIDDOR, HAV’S
- Electrical safety, mobile plant, lifting operations
- Working at height, scaffolding, excavations, confined spaces and fall arrest equipment
Assessment will be an end of course exam paper, the completion of four core exercises and a trainer review, for which the delegate will need to PASS in all elements of the review.
The exam demonstrates to external bodies that the certificate is only awarded to successful delegates following both an assessment and exam.
Please note that you must provide photographic ID on day one in order to start the course, if you forget or cannot provide, you will be turned away and will have to re-book at an extra cost.