All companies using scaffold have a duty to ensure that it is inspected in accordance with statutory requirements and is safe to use at all times.
In order to comply with the Work at Heights Regulations 2005, all scaffolds are to be inspected once every seven days (or following exposure to conditions likely to have affected its strength or stability or after any significant alterations have been made) and the inspection recorded.
The Training Provider offer this course over 1 day.
Who Should Attend?
- Persons responsible for employees working from a scaffold
- Persons responsible for conducting the inspection and completing scaffold inspection register
Delegates will receive detailed training on the requirements for TG20 compliant independent tied tube and fitting scaffolds, whilst gaining a clearer understanding of:
- The manager’s responsibilities for work associated with scaffold
- Relevant legislation, guidance and industry best practice
- The main components of a basic scaffold and the measures necessary to ensure stability and safe use
- The requirements of a scaffold inspection in accordance with legislative requirements
- Overview of current relevant legislation, standards, industry best practice
- Scaffold components and structures
- Requirements of NASC guidance S64:10 and TG20:13
- Access and egress (working at height hierarchy)
- NASC e-guide and associated compliant sheets
- Ratings of independent components
- Inspection techniques – what to look for, typical problems etc
- Miscellaneous issues e.g. hoists etc
- Practical Scaffold Inspection (Plymouth centre only), equivalent visual representation (all other centres)
- Additional items e.g. hoists, rubbish sheets, gin wheels
Ranges of aids are used throughout the day.
Certification and Assessment
Delegates will be assessed by their input to group exercises as well as through a summative assessment. Certificates issued will be valid for three years and need to be renewed prior to the expiry date.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
PASMA, CITB courses