Requirements for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment
With the drive towards energy efficiency and low cost motoring and concerns over the future
availability of fossil fuels, vehicles using electrical power are increasingly being used across the
world. To facilitate the use of these vehicles,charging equipment is increasingly becoming a
necessity, to keep up with power source demands.
This one-day course is primarily aimed at individuals, including electricians, who are
interested in the requirements for electric vehicle charging equipment. It is expected that
delegates attending this course already have an understanding of the requirements of
the current edition of BS 7671; either through regular reference or through achieving a
qualification, such as City & Guilds 2382-12 or equivalent.
- Statutory requirements for Electric vehicle charging equipment
- Modes of charging
- Correct selection of the earthing arrangements
- Electrical requirements for domestic installations, on-street installations and commercial and industrial installations
- Design and planning procedures, including notification to the Distribution Network Operator (DNO)
- Commissioning, certification, and documentation
- inspection and testing as per the requirements of BS 7671
Although this is a non-accredited course, we can provide delegates with an optional short
examination, to assess understanding and completion of objectives.
All delegates attending this course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
All training courses are designed to meet the latest legal requirements.
All courses can be securely booked on our website: