- Integrate the strategic and tactical elements of purchasing materials and equipment
- Identify suppliers that can meet the organisation’s needs effectively and consistently
- Develop sound business relationships with suppliers
- Evaluate lifetime costs of materials and equipment purchased
- Make decisions during the purchasing phase that have a positive impact on the efficiency of warehouse operations and inventory levels
- Plan the procurement process for stock and non-stock items to achieve efficient and timely deliveries
Topics covered will include:
- Identifying demands and planning the procurement activities accordingly
- The technical specification of requirements, and opportunities for standardisation
- Purchasing strategies
- Simplifying the procurement process
- Supplier relationships and their impact on achieving the 5 Rights
- Specifying the organisation’s commercial requirements clearly in enquiry or request for quotation documents
- Bidding and bid evaluation, including both price and total cost considerations
- Award of purchase orders and follow-up activities (such as expediting)
- Warehouse operations, including receipt, storage and issue of materials and equipment
- Inventory management
- The impact of purchasing decisions on stock holdings
- Disposal and the significance of sustainable purchasing and supply
Participants will also develop an awareness of the roles and concepts of catalogues and codes, inventory management, total cost of ownership, sustainability and environment management issues.
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.