This course includes the practical principles of Project Management. It includes effective tools and techniques to enable successful completion of projects within budget and on time. Who should attend?
- Newly appointed project managers or project leaders.
- Project Managers with no formal project management qualification or training.
- Anyone being prepared for promotion into a project management position.
- Experienced project managers looking for a refresher.
Benefits for the delegate:
- Makes the move into project management easier.
- Improves effectiveness and credibility.
- Have a range of project management tools at your disposal.
- Enhance your career prospects.
Benefits for the organisation:
- Increase the effectiveness of project managers.
- Maximise the use of resources.
- Ensure that projects are completed successfully, within budget and on time.
- Be seen as an organisation that invests in people.
Objectives of the Programme:
- To highlight the importance of the correct approach to managing projects.
- To illustrate how to develop a Strategic approach.
- To show the importance of identifying and managing the Stakeholders to ensure success.
- To illustrate how to assess and manage the Risk associated with a project.
- To demonstrate how to define the Key Phases of the Project Life Cycle.
- To illustrate the importance of creating an accurate Project Specification.
- To demonstrate how to create the appropriate organisational Structure, roles and responsibility.
- To show how to use a range of Planning Tools to develop a Project Plan and to identify the Critical Path.
- To demonstrate how to use the appropriate methods of Monitoring a Project’s progress.
- To show how to minimise Problems and Delays when handing over a Project.
- To illustrate the importance of Reviewing a Project.