Procurement and Maintenance Planning
Materials Management impacts upon successful Maintenance Planning.
Planned maintenance activities depend upon the availability of the necessary spares, consumables and other materials and equipment. Maintenance plans must therefore take account of the realities of procurement processes and materials availability. Maintenance Planning and Procurement Planning are closely related and mutually dependent activities.
This course will provide participants with skills needed to improve the accuracy of Maintenance plans and their timely execution.
This course is designed to benefit:
Staff who are involved in planning the execution of maintenance work as well as those involved in the procurement & supply of materials & equipment needed to fulfil maintenance work plans.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise where "maintenance" is positioned within the total procurement process
- Understand the supply market forces that can influence the availability of items needed for a maintenance programme
- Appreciate how the standardisation of materials specifications can improve the accuracy of maintenance planning
- Realise the significant role that suppliers play in helping develop successful plans for maintenance work
- Identify key factors to be considered during assessment of suppliers" bids that will influence the degree of future maintenance requirements
- Recognise the value of maintenance information to future procurement decisions
- Decide the criteria for selecting items to be held in stock at company warehouse(s)
- Integrate planning of maintenance and procurement activities to achieve on-time deliveries
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.