PRINCE2™ Practitioner Course
For: Project Managers and Team Managers
With: Responsibility for managing projects
Duration: Five days (Upgrade = two days if Foundation part previously passed)
The PRINCE2 Practitioner Course prepares participants for the PRINCE2 Practitioners examination. Attention will be given to practical participation in a case study encompassing the most essential elements of a PRINCE2 project. Participants will explore the relationship between the Business Case and the project and develop specific PRINCE2 products during the course. The final day of the course will include the Practitioners examination. Some pre-workshop
study is expected of the candidates’ prior to attending the course. The course is accredited through OGC (formerly CCTA).
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply all facets of the project processes, components and techniques in accordance with the PRINCE2™ method
- Set up and manage complex projects
- Identify and control risks
- Monitor the objectives of a project and the essential adjustments needed to respond to changes in the environment.
The following subjects will be covered during the course:
- Relationship between the Business Case, programmes and the project.
- PRINCE2™ processes – Starting Up a Project, Initiating a Project, Directing a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundaries, Closing a Project and Planning.
- PRINCE2™ Components – Organisation, Controls, Business Case, Quality, Risk, Configuration Management., Change Control and Plans.
- PRINCE2™ Techniques – Product Based Planning, Quality Review and Change Control Approach.
- Examination technique for the exam
Project Management experience and experience working in project teams. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The Foundation exam must have been passed if attending the final two days of the course.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination is a 3 hour multiple choice objective test examination consisting of nine questions based on a given scenario. Each question is worth 40 marks (360 marks in total) and tests your knowledge in terms of application of the methodology to the scenario and in general. The pass mark for the exam is 50% (180 marks).