Practical Materials Storage Management
Ensure that stock is available when the customer needs it – and in the best possible condition
Your customers expect you to deliver stock when they need it, and in the best possible condition. Exceeding those expectations is at the heart of any effective procurement and logistics strategy.
The success of this strategy depends directly on the skills of your front-line warehouse staff and storage supervisors. Doing the job right is just the first step. Your managers must display consistently sound decision-making, care and forethought – values that apply in the stockroom just as much as in the board room.
We have designed this course for:
Line supervisors who are responsible for stock management, including storage, handling and transport. The course will also be suitable for newly recruited graduates on management development programmes.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the storage regime and environment most appropriate to the stock in their care
- Manage, organise and operate the systems and processes to provide the best possible care for materials
- Maintain the highest health, safety and environmental standards
- Provide the highest possible level of customer service
Topic covered will include:
- Storage systems
- Warehouse and yard design and layout
- Management of mechanical handling equipment operations
- Hazardous materials: storage and transport
- Dangerous goods: international regulations
- Industrial compressed gases: storage and transport
- Petroleum products: storage and transport
- Laboratory chemicals: storage and transport
- Bagged and drummed chemicals: storage and transport
- Drummed acids and corrosives: storage and transport
- Vehicle and equipment routine maintenance
- Health, safety and environmental management in logistics operations
- Preservation of materials and equipment in storage
- Manual handling
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.