This course is for personnel who will be responsible for the assembly, dismantling, alteration, moving and the inspecting of mobile access towers.
Aims & Objectives of the Course
To ensure that all delegates attending the course understand;-
- How to safely assemble, dismantle, relocate and alter a mobile tower
- To ensure that when altering an access tower to be able do so without risk of personal injury to the delegate or others.
The method of assessment is through instruction, both in theory and in practical sessions these sessions will be assessed.
A PASMA photo ID card & Certificate
A course content and notes booklet will be issued to all delegates who attend the course.
This is an official PASMA course.
Candidate Eligibility/Entry Requirements
The safe use of mobile access towers requires that delegates understand and consult safety notices and read thoroughly through the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
The delegate should have an understanding in literacy and language comprehension, this is an important requirement for any tower user.
The assembly and use of an access tower can be physically demanding therefore users ideally should be physically fit and healthy to be capable of altering the access tower.
If the delegate has any impairments such as eyesight, hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure, epilepsy, impaired limb function, literacy or language comprehension or any other impairments that would affect the delegates abilities, they must bring this to the attention of their employer to conduct an assessment to be able to put into place adequate measures.
To assist delegates with learning and understanding the following;-
- Legislation and regulations
- Guidance affecting working at heights with mobile access towers.
- PASMA code of practice.
- Product Standards EN 1004:2004
- Assembling, altering and dismantling towers incorporating the current and best practice for fall protection, this is including 3T method and the advanced guard rail system.
- Inspection of completed mobile access towers.
- Completion of the tower inspection records.
- Hazards affecting the use of mobile access towers.
A PASMA photo ID card and certificate will be awarded to successful candidates who pass the
The PASMA photo ID card and certificate are both valid for 5 Years.
Usually 8.00am - 4.00pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.