NRSWA awarded by SQA
Our Street Works Qualifications are awarded by SQA which is one of the leading awarding organisations in the UK.
“Under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSW) all operational and supervisory staff who install, renew, maintain or inspect underground apparatus on the roads and highways are required to be qualified and register for a Street Works Card... Workers are required to be reassessed every five years to renew their Street Works Card”
We offer units 1, 10-14 & 16 of the Supervisors Units which then combine together to give 6 different Street Works awards.
Units of Competence for Supervisors:
1. Location and avoidance of underground apparatus.
10. Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding.
11. Monitoring excavation in the highway.
12. Monitoring reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials.
13. Monitoring reinstatement of sub-base and roadbase in non-bituminous materials.
14. Monitoring reinstatement in bituminous materials.
15. Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs.
16. Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Certificates of Competence for Supervisors:
1. Monitoring excavation in the highway. (Units 1,10,11)
2. Monitoring excavation, backfilling and reinstatement of construction layers with bituminous materials. (Units 1,10-14)
3. Monitoring reinstatement of construction layers in bituminous materials. (Units 1,10,14)
4. Monitoring reinstatement of concrete slabs. (Units 1,10,15)
5. Monitoring reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways. (Units 1,10,16)
6. Monitoring signing, lighting and guarding. (Unit 10)