Our Street Works Qualifications are awarded by SQA which is one of the leading awarding organisations in the UK.
“Under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSW) all operational and supervisory staff who install, renew, maintain or inspect underground apparatus on the roads and highways are required to be qualified and register for a Street Works Card... Workers are required to be reassessed every five years to renew their Street Works Card”
We offer Units 1 to 6 + 9 of the Operatives Units which then combine together to give 4 different Street Works awards.
Units of Competence for Trained Operatives:
1. Location and avoidance of underground apparatus.
2. Signing, lighting and guarding.
3. Excavation in the highway.
4. Reinstatement and compaction of backfill materials.
5. Reinstatement of sub-base and roadbase in non-bituminous materials.
6. Reinstatement in cold-lay bituminous materials.
9. Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways.
Certificates of Competence for Trained Operatives:
1. Excavation in the highway. (Units 1-3)
2. Excavation, backfilling and reinstatement of construction layers with a cold-lay bituminous surface. (Units 1-6)
5. Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways. (Units 1,2,9)
6. Signing, lighting and guarding. (Unit 2)