To gain accreditation to the standards laid down by City & Guilds in line with the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 for excavation & reinstatement
Any operatives involved in excavation & reinstatement on the public highway.
- Unit 001 - Location & avoidance of underground services
- Unit 010 - Monitoring Signing, Lighting & Guarding. Co-ordination procedures & code of practice.
- Unit 011 - Monitoring Excavation in the highway. Specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Unit 012 - Monitoring Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 013 - Monitoring Reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base & road-base materials
- Unit 014 - Monitoring Laying practices and reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials. Specification & types of materials.
- Unit 016 - Monitoring Reinstatement of modular surfaces & concrete footways
To meet the legal requirements of people excavating in the highway, we deliver a course to meet the City & Guilds criteria.
Our City & Guilds approved centre has a purpose built road area to carry out all the practical aspects of the course.
This allows the supervisor the chance to monitor live practical assessments rather than solely rely on classroom sessions & videos. This is complimented by the latest power point presentation for the classroom sessions.
Delegates attending this course will be required to write reports etc. Please contact us as soon as possible if your delegates have any problems in this area so appropriate arrangements can be made. We have gained a good reputation of assistance for delegates with reading & writing difficulties.
All delegates should supply one passport photograph. Without this we cannot complete your registration with Scotvec.
Because of the nature of the course, delegates will need the following PPE:
- Safety shoes
- Ear defenders
- Waterproof clothing
- Fluorescent jacket
Course duration: Five days
Number of delegates:
As little as 1 delegate on our open scheduled courses. In-company courses can be arranged for a minimum or 8 and accommodate a maximum of 16
Start time: 08:30 am*
Lunch is provided on all courses run at our Training Centre.
Courses can be arranged to meet client's timetables and work schedules. As an alternative places can be booked on our open / multi client based courses.
*Course times will be confirmed in the Joining Instructions once the course is booked.