Who Should Attend
This course is aimed at all those who may come across needles and/or who may come into contact with human waste and bodily fluids as part of their job.
This course is also relevant for line managers and supervisors.
The course is designed to raise awareness of needle stick injuries and the potential risks of dealing with bodily fluids.
The aim is to ensure that staff are clear about the procedures and precautions to be taken when needles,sharps or clinical waste are found.
- Infection control process
- Cleansing processes & hygiene
- How transmission takes place
- Safe working methods/policies/procedures
- Dealing with clinical waste
- First aid for sharps/needle stick injuries
- Bodily fluids
- Sucking chest wound/serious fracture