What is the NEBOSH International General Certificate?
The National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) is the leading UK examination authority in this field rapidly gaining respect on a world stage. The International General Certificate is for those who have local responsibilities for health and safety and require an internationally recognised measure of competence in this field. If you advise others in any capacity on health and safety issues, or if you are a safety adviser seeking initial training for your role the course will provide a solid foundation in the principles of health and safety.
Subject to experience successful candidates will be eligible for Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management and/or membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health at the grade of Tech IOSH. Designatory letters of AIIRSM and Tech IOSH can be used accordingly.
You will learn about effective policies, organising your business, investigating accidents, risk assessment and risk management. It’s a practical programme which illustrates common sense approaches to managing this vital function within a business. Find out how to deal with machinery safety, hazardous chemicals, noise, electricity, fire and radiation, and put effective safety management at your fingertips.
Everyone attending the programme gets a comprehensive reference manual covering, in depth, all of the subjects included in the training programme. These notes are acclaimed by all who read them and prove to be a valuable source of guidance long after your training is complete.
At the end of the programme you should be able to:
- Identify and assess typical hazards in the workplace
- Recommend remedial action to control workplace hazards
- Investigate accidents and recommend preventative measures
- Explain human and organisational influences on health and safety
- Describe potential ill-health effects arising from work environments
- Devise control strategies for substances hazardous to health
- A full list of objectives is available on request
- Unit 1: Health & Safety Foundation
- Unit 2: Policy
- Unit 3: Organisation for Health & Safety
- Unit 4: Promoting a Positive Health & Safety Culture
- Unit 5: Risk Assessments
- Unit 6: Principle of Control
- Unit 7: Controlling Hazards in the Movement of People & Vehicles
- Unit 8: Controlling Manual & Mechanical Handling Hazards
- Unit 9: Controlling Work Equipment Hazards
- Unit 10: Controlling Electrical Hazards
- Unit 11: Controlling Fire Hazards
- Mock Examination
- Unit 12: Controlling Chemical and Biological Health Hazards
- Unit 13: Controlling Physical and Psychological Health Hazards
- Unit 14: Controlling Hazards in Construction Activites
- Unit 14 (continued): Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Unit 15: Incident Investigation, Recording and Report
- Unit 16: Monitoring, Review and Audit
- Practical test: at candidate's workplace
- Examination Paper A1: 9.30am - 11.30am
- Examination Paper A2: 1.30pm - 3.30pm
For any qualification to be worthwhile it must be hard earned. It must give the owner a sense of achievement and pride. This does not come easy. The assessment criteria, laid down by NEBOSH, requires the successful completion of two formal written examinations at the end of the programme and a practical workplace assessment.
We won’t leave you stranded when it comes to the final test. Throughout the programme our trainers will help you to prepare for the examination by developing your question reading and answering technique.