In September 2019, NEBOSH updated the National General Certificate - the most trusted health and safety qualification of its kind in the world. It's designed to reflect the needs of today's employer giving learners everything they need to know and do
to make their workplace safe.
Over 200,000 people already hold a NEOSH National General Certificate (NGC) Why? Because it's the gold standard in health and safety qualifications.
The new syllabus has been streamlined to allow core skills to be considered in greater depth. It covers how to effectively manage health and safety, the UK's key legal requirements and how to identify and control the key workplace hazards in every kind of workplace. Risk assessment is central to the NGC qualification making sure it reflects the real-life roles people perform.
- Developed by NEBOSH expertswith input from 3,000 of the world’s leading employers and health and safety professionals
- A qualification that is rooted in today’s real-world needs
- Employer and learner friendly - has a pragmatic mix of theory and practical
- The syllabus has been streamlined to concentrate on core key skills
- Uses straightforward terms and language - it has been reviewed by the Plain English campaign
- Learner choice – can be completed by eLearning, face to face, block or day release
- Assessed by a combination of:
- One question paper to assess what you know
- One practical – a risk assessment to assess what you can do
- Learners complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable
Benefits for Employers:
According to the Health and Safety Executive, workplace injuries and ill-health cost UK businesses over £15 billion per year. To go home safely at the end of the working day is a right, not a privilege.
The NGC is trusted by some of the biggest household names such as Thames Water, Kier and the Football Association as well as many others. It can help to:
- Boost employee wellbeing
- Minimise workplace injuries and illness
- Demonstrate your commitment to health and safety, which can help win business
- Strengthen your health and safety culture
- Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house health and safety expertise
Who’s it for?
Having the NGC is good for career prospects as it both boosts someones standing in their current role and can help them progress. The qualification is:
- Relevant to every workplace
- Ideal for managers, supervisors, or anybody with health and safety management responsibilities
- Perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career
What will successful learners know?
With in-depth focus on the things that matter, the NGC covers:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- The UK’s key legal requirements
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure success
What will successful learners be able to do?
Risk assessment is central to the NGC qualification. Through study and workplace application, successful learners will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
- Ensure their teams undertake their day to day activities more safely thanks to the awareness and knowledge gained
Assessment is a two-step process:
- One question paper that assesses what you know
- A practical risk assessment that assesses what you can do
Both assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
This NEBOSH course is being offered by BookMyCourse Ltd in association with NEBOSH accredited course provider T224SA - registered centre number 807.