Please note that this is only Units NGC2 & NGC3 of NEBOSH and upon successful completion of the course, delegates will not receive a full NEBOSH General Certificate.
Delegates will receive detailed training and will be given the opportunity to apply practical knowledge whilst gaining a clearer understanding of:
- Current safety legislation and industry best practice
- Roles and responsibilities
- Workplace hazards and controls
- Risk Management
The course consists of one block of five study days. A revision day is also provided prior to the examinations. The system of assessment consists of one written examination paper of two hours in duration and a practical assessment of two hours duration. The course delivery is based on a learner centred approach and is therefore highly participative. Delegates are required to be totally committed and will also be required to undertake private study to prepare fully for the examinations.
Distance learners will be assigned an individual tutor who will be available to offer guidance and support to delegates undertaking the course. Delegates will be provided with all course materials including study guidance and appropriate distance learning resources.
The National General Certificate syllabus comprises three parts. This Unit Only course will cover the following modules:
Unit NGC2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Movement of people and vehicles hazards and control
- Manual and mechanical handling hazards and control
- Work equipment hazards and control
- Electrical hazards and control
- Fire hazards and control
- Chemical and biological health hazards and control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and control
- Construction activities hazards and control
Unit NGC3 - Health and Safety Practical Assessment
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management, NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Safety and Health, NEBOSH Diploma.