This intensive, hands-on one-day training course has been designed to give delegates a solid understanding of more advanced tools and concepts used in Word , in order to increase their knowledge and productivity. Who Should Attend?
Users with a basic understanding of Microsoft Office Word who want to consolidate and expand on their knowledge of the basic features in a short space of time. Delegates should have a good working knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the Introduction course. Course Outline:
Managing Your Documents
- Using Windows Explorer within Word
- Saving Your Files
- Finishing Your Files
- Making Word Work Backwards
- Viewing Your Files Using Formatting Tools
- Working with Templates
- Using Bullets and Numbering
- Using the Paragraph Dialog
- Using Delineation Tools
- Working with Pages
- Adding Hyperlinks Creating Headers and Footers
- Creating Basic Headers and Footers
- Using the Header & Footer Tools – Design Tab
- Inserting Page Numbers
- Doing More with Headers and Footers Working with Pictures
- Inserting Pictures
- Editing Pictures
- Doing More with Pictures
- Formatting Pictures
- Managing Pictures Working with Shapes
- Drawing Shapes
- Working with Shapes
- Working with Text and Shapes
- Advanced Shape Tasks Performing a Mail Merge
- Using the Mail Merge Wizard
- Performing a Manual Mail Merge
- Sending a Document Electronically
Please note that this training can focus on either Microsoft versions 2007, 2010 or 2013 - please state at the time of enquiry which version you would like this training to be held on.
Delegates can also bring their own device to take the training on - please state that you wish to do this at the time of booking so that we can inform the training provider.
This course can be offered both as an open course and as a one-to-one private session with the trainer.