Managing The Training & Development Function
This course focuses on the important role the training and development function has to play in building capability and ensuring a highly effective organisation.
The true worth of developing people is often considered to be difficult to measure. If managers adopt a business approach to managing training and development, the function can become a vital contributor to the future success of the organisation.
The programme covers the role of the Training and Development manager. Importantly, the programme also focuses on the alignment of training and development to the short- and long-term direction of the business.
It addresses how to ensure alignment, methods to measure return on Training and Development investment, Training and Development Policy, appraising business situations to establish the learning priorities, developing a learning culture, making the most of what are often tight budgets and the trainer as an internal consultant.
This course is designed for:
Training Managers, potential training mnagers and those who are in a position to influence your company's HR or Training and Development policies, and who have a responsibility for implementing them.
By the end of the programme participants will be better able to:
- Ensure alignment between the training and development offer and the business needs
- Assess the relevance and impact of their current training and development practices
- Compare their processes for ensuring learning effectiveness against other organisations and examples of good practice.
- Critically examine their training and development policy , modifying it in the light of changes in business direction and external influences.
- Carry out a PEST(LE) analysis to ensure relevance of the training and development strategy, policy and practices.
- Appraise their existing TNA practices and make any changes to enhance their effectiveness.
- Choose from a range of methods to evaluate effectiveness and return on investment.
Topics will include:
- Creating a learning and development strategy and policy.
- Learning/Training Needs Analysis.
- Alignment to business direction.
- Managing stakeholders.
- Mapping the environment.
- Evaluation methods.
The course programme is both practical and reflective; giving ample opportunity to review current practices and to work on any changes that are needed to add value.
This course will be conducted in the English language.