Managing Logistics (Transport, Materials Storage and Materials Handling)
Take the lead in developing a coherent upstream logistics strategy.
Inward logistics contributes critically to your company’s success. And, in an increasingly competitive landscape, taking a strategic approach has become essential. Senior managers must see upstream operations as part of an integrated logistics channel, taking into account not only supplier partnerships and internal systems but also, critically, how their work responds to the demand chain and, ultimately, to customer satisfaction.
This course equips your experienced senior logistics management staff with the knowledge and skills to develop a logistics strategy that will support your business objectives consistently and robustly.Note that this course does not cover distribution logistics. We have designed this course for:
Senior logistics management staff in the oil and gas E&P sector, mining and other extractive industries, heavy construction, utilities and similar industries.
The course will also benefit staff moving into the management of logistics from other parts of the business.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the concept of integrated logistics within the context of supply chain management in a 21st-century business environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of the components of logistics
- Critically analyse and evaluate logistics operations
- Apply solutions to logistics problems in line with global best practice
- Provide enhanced support and leadership in managing upstream and inbound logistics
- Devise and operate effective performance measures
- Use checklists and models to plan performance improvements
- Collaborate with colleagues, suppliers and contractors in a risk-free environment
Topics covered include:
- Mission, strategy and policies for logistics
- Logistics strategy development and implementation
- Costs of non-performance and poor performance
- Logistics planning
- Land, air and marine transport services
- Materials storage, preservation and handling
- Waste management services
- HSSE policies
- Risk management in logistics
- Management controls
- Performance measurement
- Customer satisfaction
- Stakeholder issues
This course is available for in-house delivery if required.
This course will be conducted in the English language.